Vintage Longines 13ZN Steel Chronograph Center Minutes Recorder Wristwatch 1940's
- Manufacturer: Longines
- Model Type: Chronograph, Center Minutes Recorder
- Movement Serial #, Circa: 6940XXX, 1940's
- Case: Stainless Steel Case
- Movement: Longines Cal.13ZN Manual Wind Movement
- Case Dimensions: Just under 37mm excluding Crown
- Strap: Burgundy/ Dark Red Leather Strap with Tang Buckle
- Dial: Longines Silver Dial w/ Numerical Hour Markers, Chronograph Function
- Bezel: Smooth Stainless Steel Bezel
- Box, Papers: N/A
An excellent Vintage Longines 13ZN Steel Center Minutes Recorder Chronograph Wristwatch. We just gave this timepiece a service to ensure its accuracy. The chronograph/ minutes recorder function work and reset to 0 properly. Occasionally the movement needs a second click of the reset to put it back to 0 neatly.
Now, what you should know before purchasing this timepiece is that Longines cannot confirm that this steel case matched this movement when it originally left the factory. What probably happened was a complete movement swap at some point in its long life. The stainless steel case is crisp and appears to be unpolished. All four of the lugs ridges feel like knife edges. The large silver dial is the real show stopper here. The tracking is tight, the registers are clean, the lume isn't broken, and the lettering in "Longines" is robust. If you zoom in fully you'll see how great this dial really is. I've had comments expressing that the dial might have been refinished, and also comments that the dial is original. Buyer Beware- you're making the final call. If I was 100% confident of the dial it would be listed closer to 60,000 USD and not what it is listed at now. A card from a non-affiliated Longines/ Wittnauer service shop (see last photo) came with the watch when the collector acquired the timepiece.