Vintage Rolex Date 1501 Tropical Creme Brûlée Stainless Steel Caliber 1570 Wristwatch 1968
- Manufacturer: Rolex
- Model Name: Date
- Ref #, Serial #, Circa: 1501, 2166XXX, 1968
- Case: Stainless Steel Oyster Case
- Movement: Rolex Automatic Movement Caliber 1570
- Case Dimensions: 35mm excluding Crown
- Strap: Tan Leather Strap w/ Tang Buckle
- Dial: Rolex Swiss Tropical "Creme Brûlée" Dial (100% original, untouched)
- Bezel: Steel Engine Turned Bezel
- Box, Papers: No Box or Papers
- 100% Authentic!
I find myself writing this description crying ever so slightly inside as I really don't want to part with this beautiful piece. But it's the tough nature of my business as you can't keep it all... What we have here is a sweet piece of wrist candy, a vintage Rolex Date reference 1501 with a sugar coated like tropical dial. The original silver dial has aged to a what I'm calling a "Creme Brûlée" tropical sheen... It's pure sugar, baby! The timepiece is all original with its matching caseback that's marked the first quarter of 1968, correlating with the 2.1 Million serial number stamped on the case.