Vintage Rolex Explorer II 1655 Mark II Stern Dial Watch w/ Original Purchase Papers Circa 1974
- Manufacturer: Rolex
- Model Name: Explorer II
- Ref, Serial #, Circa: 1655, 4063XXX, 1974
- Case: Stainless Steel Case
- Movement: Rolex Automatic Movement Cal. 1570
- Case Dimensions: 38mm excluding Crown
- Bracelet: Stainless Steel, 18K Gold Oyster Bracelet Bracelet with Deployment Clasp (12 oyster links)
- Dial: Rolex Swiss Mark II Stein Black Dial with Date, GMT Functions (100% original, untouched)
- Bezel: Stainless Steel 24 HR Bezel
- Box, Papers: Comes with Original Purchase Papers and Pamphlet
- 100% Authentic!
We're selling this incredible Rolex Explorer II 1655 S.S. Mark II Wristwatch. It's in great original condition. Accompanying this timepiece are the original purchase papers and Rolex service pamphlet. The watch is completely time period correct for a 1974 model- correct 78360 bracelet with 580 ends, correct mark II Stein Dial, correct hands, correct mark II bezel, correct caliber 1570 movement, correct serial # correlation to all aspects of the watch- guaranteed.
The watch itself has a fun story behind it. Back in the 1970's the original purchaser tried on the Explorer II and ended up walking out of the dealer with a Rolex 1500 Oyster Perpetual. He took it home, really didn't like it, and returned it the following week in exchange for what he really wanted- The Explorer II (who could blame him). This is a ONE OWNER WATCH (aside from me) for almost 40 years. He cherished it very much and the great condition it is in shows how true that is. It's running like a dream/ keeping time just as it should.